Wednesday 4 July 2012

Strike a Poise



I have formed an obsession with the old anglepoise lamp, from floor to ceiling, desk to bedside. My love was boosted by a trip to The Potted Pig restaurant in Cardiff a few months ago (well worth a visit by the way as the food is lovely-I can fully recommend the Duck Hash yummie) where they have them dotted on the walls creating a calm and sophisticated mood (see below):



I have been trying to figure out why I like them so much and I have come to the conclusions is because they are so versatile. They can be used absolutely everywhere and in nearly every style of room you can think of.







Wall fixed lights can be used as bedside, desk lights or as displayed in The Potted Pig dotted around rooms to make an elegant industrial feel. In the above monochrome image there are Bestlites which are excellently designed and of the highest quality.


Vintage lamps are fab, they add character and an eclectic feel to a room.






This is a very cool Anglepoise chandelier- spider alien!



Celing pendent light and can be used over tables or as bedside lamps which is what I would love to do in our bedroom or guest bedroom...one day... 



Floor lamps used in more a formal way, but fit perfectly with a Scandinavian or classical style.



 

Adding fun splashes of colour to a room makes an eye catching statement with these beauties. Abigail Ahern also has one of the oversize floor light but in a flock blue!




This fabric I just had to add in, it's from PatTheCat Etsy




At the moment Achica are doing a sale on Anglepoise lighting-just wish I could buy one.....if I have the spare cash and room I would most certainly be purchasing the over sized floor lamp in grey or orange

x

p.s Carole hope you like, this one was for you after our conversation on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment